"These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full —John 15:11In Jesus, I have inward peace and contentment = JOY. I have to fight for happiness everyday as the cares of this world try to impede my journey in joy (At this point click the play button in the video below as you read the rest of this post).
What is the trick to getting happy. There is no trick. Happiness is often connected to daily experiences. Specifically, these daily acts or experiences:
1. Make good friends (chord of three is not quickly broken).
2. Actively express thankfulness (thank the Lord and thank others).
3. Actively pursue your goals (take one small step everyday toward that goal).
4. Do what you excel at as often as you can (play toward your strengths and delegate so others can play toward their strengths).
5. Give (be a cheerful giver).
6. Don't single-mindedly chase "stuff" (stuff = cares of this world which is < than HAPPINESS. Chase experiences).
7. Live the life you want to live (be true to you).
As we seek to make disciples and lead them to JOY, I would encourage you to actively pursue some of the actions above to make you and your neighbors HAPPY! Fight for it day-by-day. Our world is looking for inner peace, rest, wholeness and a little happiness.
Okay.....Here is the Happy song: